Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2008

I know its odd



This is my interpretation of the Turning Twenty quilt pattern. I've called this one Turning Twenty One as it was for a 21st birthday and actually includes 21 fabrics. All the fabrics are remnants from things made for the birthday boy over the last 21 years. I know its odd to see so many completely different fabrics, that seem to have no rhyme or reason, but they actually do to the person who received it.

In fact it brought about some watery eyes by the receiver, that really did make my day.

The only new fabric is the border, thats to signify the future.

You can't see it in the picture (refer to earlier posting about my inability to take a decent photo) lol, but there are many words from this persons life quilted into the quilt, scattered in the all over meander. The borders are quilted in piano keys, music having been one of many bonds we share.

The other picture is the label for the quilt, made but /sigh needing to be stitched on lol I did give the quilt, but took it back to finish the binding and attach the label. My goal is to someday give a quilt that is completely finished on time before I die....I know I can do it! =)

I can't for the life of me figure out how to insert the photo where I want it, oh well, maybe next time =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the story of your 21 quilt. That gave me goosebumps thinking about it.