Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

piecing hope

Here is the quilt I made for John, a lil boy in Africa. I sent this by UPS over a week ago to the central location collecting quilts for the 40 children. Hopefully it made it there ok, the website etc isnt great about communication, but apparently neither am I since its been months since I updated this blog lol

Anyway, some info was given about each child, John likes playing with cars and playing soccer, his fav colour is purple. I tried to incorporate all these things into this quilt I designed for him. The applique patterns are from fatcat patterns, the embroidery designs from emblibrary.com I quilted Caution, Stop, Go into the yellow, red, green borders, freehand cars into the outer black borders, a soccer game in one of the grassy areas (ok my drawing skills suck so my soccer players look almost alien) but E for effort? lol









No comments: