Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Done

well the quilting isnt perfect, still getting used to the new machine, far be it for me to not just jump right in lol but I think it turned out not too bad. Binding is stitched on, partly hand stitched until night came when blah do u think I can see to thread a needle?! /sigh. Will finish stitching it today, have a heartstrings label on it and pop it in the post tomorrow for Project Linus. I'm so grateful to Mary for starting the heartstrings list, what a wonderful feeling it is to be able to share our love of quilting. While I was making this I imagined a lil child snuggled into it. Makes me smile all over.

I freehanded the whole quilt, main area is just a meander since there are so many seams, some wavy lines thru the hearts and center blocks to define them and 4 freehand feather hearts in each of the whitespace corner areas. A freehand feather border completes the quilt.





8 comments:

Fabricmom said...

Wow this is beautiful. Great quilt. i am sure whoever gets it will cherish it forever.

Helen in the UK said...

What a lovely quilt and your feather quilting is BEAUTIFUL!!
Helen in the UK
(fellow HeartStringer)

Unknown said...

Looks fantastic!

Jocey said...

That is such a pretty quilt..and the freehand quilting looks great to me!

RG said...

It's simply wonderful!!
Beautiful work :c)

Mary Johnson said...

It looks pretty good to me! I'm sure none of my quilts are perfect and I'm always learning something or hopefully getting just a little better with each quilt I do.

It is great to have a group of quilters that share a common goal of making and donating quilts that bring warmth and comfort to those in need. Thank you so much for participating in HeartStrings!

Hunter said...

Your quilting is so beautiful.

Do you have a Clover Desk Needle Threader? I'd be out of the needle and thread game without it.

A Google search will bring the info up.

I bought three just in case they break.

Darilyn

Quilter Kathy said...

Very pretty quilt and beautifully quilted!