Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Distractions and a Finish

This week I quilted this pretty heartstrings quilt top and digitized a heartstrings label, stitched out 2 of them for the 2 tops.
These quilts work up quite heavy, I had intended to mail them to Alycia for her QOV
contributions, but I may donate one locally to the battered womens shelter and mail one to Alycia, but will ask Mary about that.







I quilted in a beadboard border and did a freehand overall hearts and loops, with a feather medallion center.



I uploaded the embroidery file of this lil label to the heartstrings group site.

I've managed to join another yahoo group, Stashbusters....very nice group of friendly people, still working on busting my own stash. Seems every project I start, I am missing at least one colour that I just must have! ugh...use some, add some....its just not going to get thinned out this way!

Yesterday I broke yet another promise to myself...upon getting my Wii, for fitness purposes only, which is great btw, I really am enjoying Wii fit and its definitely helping to keep me moving...still, given my terrible addiction to video games, I promised I'd never use the Wii for playing games. But, but, but Mario Galaxy...ok so I've collected 5 stars already lol BUT, I'm NOT turning it on today...today is quilt day, and on that note, I'm off to load and baste the quilt top.

In other news, its still hot, humid, muggy, all around stay in the basement sewing room day. And coffee, I need more of that =)

4 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

Very pretty! You did a great job with the quilting.

You can choose whether to donate these HeartStrings quilts locally or send them to Alycia - either is fine. Email me if you have any questions!

Quiltin Jenny said...

Love your Heartstrings quilt! I would love to try one some day when my UFO list is whittled down a bit.

Fabricmom said...

Beautiful top. Great finish. Bless you for your donations. I am sure they will be cherished no matter who gets them.

Alycia said...

You did an awesome job on both quilts! I have a Wii too - nice to hear a good review for Wii fit. I may get it! Have a good one