Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Busy but bad at updating blog

Finished this heartstrings top to send to Alycia for her Quilts of Valor project, windy day to take a pic but camera or the operator, not sure which lol, takes blue cast type photos inside. I bet there is a setting to eliminate that problem, if only I could a) find the manual b) have the patience to read one =)

anyway, here is the quilt and a shot of the back and label.





I've been working on this little girls quilt from Fons and Porters most recent mag, using up some fabrics from my stash, so the fabrics and colours are a little different, but I think all in all once quilted it will be pretty. I will give this one to the Women's Shelter when its complete. I was going full steam ahead on it but the pinwheel blocks for some reason have been giving me a hard time so have been putting off finishing the remaining 5...however, I've left it in the middle of my cutting table, determined NOT to put it aside, because well we all know what happens if we do that =)



This next quilt I will be loading on the longarm today or tomorrow, my dearest friend Judie tested this pattern and designs for our friend who passed away very suddenly this year. Judie did a beautiful job with the embroidery, piecing and colour choices.
The pattern and embroidery designs were going to be a BOM that Vicki was going to offer. I feel very privileged and quite emotional that Judie has given this to me to quilt. She said she does not want the quilt, I am not sure what I will do with it when done. The selfish side of me wants to keep it forever, I miss her so very very much, but the other side of me wonders if I should send it to her husband, either for himself to keep or perhaps give it to one of their children.
I will ponder these things as I work on it as well as celebrate all that she has meant to me and to countless others.





3 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

The HeartStrings quilt looks great - thanks so much for helping out with Alycia's project.

The blue and yellow quilt looks lovely, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You have been working so hard you haven't had time to blog. The heartstrings quilt in awesome. The blue and yellow - wow what a stunner. You will make the right decision where it goes.

Helen in the UK said...

Just checking out the HeartStrings blogring for the first time!!
What a great HS quilt and lovely of you to send it to Alycia too.
Glad to hear you have found the Stashbuster group helpful - I'm a member too (but more for the inspiration and scrappy patterns than actual stashbusting!!). Has made me a lot more productive and focussed :)