Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Tales from the Longarm

Well phew! this quilt is finally finished, it belongs to a friend and I quilted it.
Here is it pre-quilted.



I looked at it for a few days and tried to talk myself out of sashiko quilting it but meh sometimes u just gotta do what u gotta do lol It took an awfully long time because of all the stops and starts around the embroidery...by the final row of blocks I complained loudly and frequently, mostly to the dogs who did not really care, altho my youngest dog thought it was a grand opportunity to consistently bring me her toy to throw for her. when Mama is standing, Mama must wanna play is her philosophy lol

Here is a close up of the blocks and sashings quilted.



Course once u do geometric, straight line design, the border just screams for a similar treatment...oh yes, I can honestly say I have mastered the diamonds are a girls best friend ruler! Still, much as we 'bonded' I think me and that ruler need
a lil break from each other, say oh about 2 years? lol



Heres some pics of the finished quilt, well less binding, my friend gets to do that part =)







The quilt is a gift for her friend.

Today I will piece some backings for a couple of heartstrings quilts and get those on the frame, been waiting for some new pantos to arrive, not a big fan of the pantos but need something pretty but quick to do this time around, lil break from custom quilting.

In weather news, couple of feet of snow...ew ew ew, way to early!

2 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

What nice quilting! I hate doing things with lots of starts and stops on the longarm but I love Sashiko quilting and want to do some by hand.

Karen said...

A wonderful quilt.