Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Farewell to an old and faithful friend


I wonder if it says something about me to have become so attached to a machine? but I actually felt sadness as I disassembled Ultii to make way for her new big sister.

I suppose its not really that odd, considering her and I worked through so many quilts, each one
depicting some aspect of my life at the time. Joyous moments putting the finishing stitches on a welcome to the family baby quilt, sadder ones when with each stitch I remembered something of my Dad. I think only another quilter might understand.
I hope to find her a new loving home.

In the meantime there are 7 gigantic boxes in my studio, a manual I could use to become the next Miss Muscle Universe, and what looks like a whole lotta hours ahead of me using strange contraptions like allen wrenches. Who calls a wrench Allen anyway?

I will repeat over and over, patience is a virtue, maybe I will even put it to some awesome beats and rival the likes of Lupe!

Wish me luck! =)

No comments: