Pages

Monday, June 16, 2008

The Weekend

The weather was great this weekend, finally got around to patching the grout in the brickwork, however, I have learned that I suck at using a caulking gun....still, a lot of hot water, my finger and a rag made it look while not exactly professional, at least passable. Why Rona feels that everyone in the world has grey grout I do not know, but hopefully Benjamin Moore can match the colour with some paint, and I can hide that "yup I am the worst handy-woman in Canada".

After such an ordeal I busied myself putting the binding and hanging sleeve on this, and hanging it in the kitchen, it felt great!



Sunday I went to the cemetary. I took some flowers and reflected on how much your life affected mine. Living without you is the hardest thing I've ever faced, it still hurts so much yanno? The nightmares are less frequent but the pain in my heart still stabs at me. Perhaps because of my mood, the black and white fabrics appealed to me, but just like you taught me, the red punches will signify that life is full of surprises and finding joy even in the darkest moments is what makes us who we are.

I don't care for the featured quilt too much from this quilt kit so set about making up a pattern. Here is my prototype block, I've since made 8 of them.



and....I think I've figured out how to put the pictures where I want them! ok so next up, take better pictures! lol

Ok back to my strip sets, itunes blaring, sun is shining, does life get any better than this? =)

oh and Hi Cara!!! have an awesome day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cemeteries can be so painful, but so healing also, especially in the spring. I always feel like I have to quilt when I come home from one.

Anonymous said...

Your quilt is beautiful. I love the colours. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Fabricmom said...

Awesome wall hanging. Very bright. Great way to cheer up.