Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Longarm Quilting Music

My current favorite. I actually cant sit still when I listen to it.
I love quilting to music, helps me keep a good flow when doing freehand or even pantos, my personal favs are R&B, underground hiphop, but whatever makes you smile is what you should listen to. Sometimes I just have it playing from my computer, sometimes hook myself up to my iPod.

Oh speaking of which, iPod phone and iPod touch has an awesome free game called Tap Tap Revenge, its like Guitar Hero (and seriously who doesnt LOVE guitar hero!) only you tap the screen to the beats. Lots of music you can download (free) for it, really fun and great for eye/hand coordination (ok not really but I have to keep giving myself excuses for my game addictions), still, I figure it limbers up the wrists, hands and fingers for quilting, shhh dont blow my theory! =)

My three criteria for enjoying and setting myself free while quilting:
Relaxed shoulders
Glass of wine
Great music

1 comment:

Lori in South Dakota said...

I love to use the MP3 player that clips onto my shirt with ear buds when I quilt. Lots of Brule, Josh Groban, Celtic, 70's hits, bluegrass, banjo! If I know the words I often sing along, and get some really strange looks from my husband if he comes in while this is happening!