Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Funky Caterpillars

Last weekend I finished up this little quilt from Becky's pattern. I'm not sure where it is going yet, but I think it will be ok for a wee one to cuddle in. Anyone have any suggestions? It is quite bright and crazy but I rather like it, used up some stash and some hand dye that I did years ago, that well isn't the greatest but I think its turned out sort of fun looking.



I pieced the back, made another caterpillar block for the center, and put a heartstrings label on it.



Being as its been dubbed the caterpillar block, I quilted it with butterflies and leaves.



Quilted the border with a circle template, overlapping them.



Thanks for looking, have an awesome weekend!

5 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is wonderful!! Gosh you put a lot of work into that quilt. Some child weill defineatly LOVE it!!

Mary Johnson said...

I think it looks really cute too and the pieced back is just perfect.

woolywoman said...

Wow! That is so beautiful! Some one will be very lucky to get that! I like how the colors ae both cheerful and peaceful at the same time.

Wonky Girl said...

Hi, I linked here from the HeartStrings forum. Your Funky Caterpillars is great,really like your idea to use some stripey fabric and hand-dyes.

Helen in the UK said...

You've done a really great job on this quilt. Love the pieced backing too. Some little girlie is going to LOVE this quilt :)