Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Heartstrings - Sarahs quilt

Finished quilting, labeling and binding this really beautiful heartstrings quilt that Sarah made. I just love the colours and the setting that she used.
I used King Tut thread on it and I so hope that Sarah likes what I did with it, going to send it UPS today so it hopefully gets back to her within a few days.

Sarah is going to donate this to a man recently diagnosed with lung cancer, I thought of him with every stitch and hope that it brings him some small comfort over this difficult time.

I really enjoy the heartstrings group, the ladies there are so giving and caring, there are no restrictive rules really, some guidelines but all in all Mary supports us making whatever we are able and wish to make. She is an amazing lady.



2 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

I'm sure Sarah will love it. I agree that HeartStrings is a wonderful group - I love how we all work together so well.

Quilter said...

thanks Mary!
your encouragement is so appreciated.