Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Boys sports quilt

Sarah made this cute sports quilt for a boy, I used my circle lord to make circles in the fabric squares then freehand quilted in the lines and curves to make them into basketballs. The sashings are done in continuous S shapes, the black triangle borders in piano keys and the white parts in squiggles. The white corner stone blocks are quilted in melon thingys (yup I dont know the terminologies for these quilting patterns lol)

The pictures dont really show the quilting but I think the quilt is really cute and will make a lil boy very happy.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Where did you get this fabric? My little grandson would love this quilt.....and since he is my first (and only) grandson, I need to make it for him! You did a fabulous job!

Quilter said...

Hi FTG =) grats on your new grandson!!
I am not sure where Sarah got that fabric but I did a quick google search and found
http://www.equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=101399&sid=31U9Hz2DGCQD1Z9-06109328383.ac

similar idea. If the link doesnt work you can go to equilter.com and type in 'sports' in their search bar.

www.bighornquilts.com has some sports themed fabrics as well.

Hope that helps and thanks for the nice comment!

Unknown said...

Hi, I love this quilt pattern! I'm kinda new to quilting, so I don't know how to make those offset squares in the sashing. Is there any way you could email me the pattern or guide me to a website on how to make this quilt?
my email is missvicki25@gmail.com. I'm a quilter and crafter when not working as an Escrow Officer. Thank you so much and I love your work!

Vicki Quarders
San Diego CA
Miss Vicki's Creations