Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Newest things

I have been busy quilting, just bad at keeping things up to date on the blog it seems!

Sarah B sent these lovely and bright childrens blocks to make into happy block quilts, a project running at the heartstrings group. This is the first top I put together from those, will suit either a boy or a girl I think.



I quilted it with the popcorn panto, and a bright yellow/orange varigate thread.
I made a multi coloured binding for it to add to the fun look.
I always hand stitch my bindings but this time I machine stitched it because I think these quilts will get a lot of use and washing, it did not turn out too bad, you cant really see the stitching of the binding. I also used a little heavier batting than I usually do to make it more cuddly.



and a close up of the quilting and part of the binding

No comments: