Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lime green strings

The heartstrings group project for Feb/March is lime green centered string blocks. I actually didn't have any lime green *gasp!* lol I found this fabric at fabricland on the 3.00/meter table, I guess its not super bright lime green, but I thought it was pretty anyway. I bordered each center strip with a 1" stripe that had lime green in it to give it a lil more controlled look and tried to incorporate the same yellow fabric in each block as well.

In my infinite wisdom....because I hate binding sooo much...I thought, hey, I'll do prairie points 'cause yanno I've got this go cutter now and cutting the squares will be super fast. So yup that part was, but ummmm it would have been easier to do the binding lol! especially considering I've never done prairie points EVER, had no clue what I was doing...oh well lol

I quilted it with an all over freehand daisy type flowers, I don't think that shows up in the pics, nor do the pics really represent well the actual colours, but yea, ima get a new camera one of these days! Pretty sure I have enough airmiles to get one, just need to decide what to get out of the selection they have, really, I mean I just want point and click and my pics to actually look like the real thing! is that so much to ask? lol

This one will go to the Womens shelter, working on a stack to take there. I think I will make some totes to take as well, I trialed a tote pattern last week that turned out really nice, and its fairly quick to make, took me a morning or so I think.



1 comment:

ButtonMad said...

A super quilt - I like the colours and the edge is fun. Also like your baby quilts for the African orphanage/hospital - what a great cause.